Monday, October 24, 2011

Oh Mondays....

Today was a good morning. I was able to handle the shot and thought we were going to have a great day. I was proven wrong mid-morning. Something happened at school that caused the DH to show up and the doctor to be called. After the DH left, I finally got to talk to the nurse. I had no choice but go to the hospital. The DH and I arrived at our hospital around 2pm. I had to answer a lot of questions and they started to monitor me (two items - baby's heartrate & contractions) for FOUR HOURS. It seemed like a lifetime. It was uncomfortable only being on one side for that long period of time. The nurse and midwife were happy though that we came in. The baby's heartrate showed an up and down pattern... which is good!! If it was a flat line, that would be very bad. The nurse and midwife did ask me if I was okay because I was having contractions. They wanted to make sure I didn't feel them. I told them that I didn't and I asked if I should feel it or not. They said its good that I am having contractions (preparing my body for labor) but it was good that I wasn't feeling.

Tomorrow we go to the doctor. I am excited to meet the new doctor. I am wondering if they are going to check me or not. I guess we will see.

I couldn't have gotten through the day without my husband. It definitely showed me just how much he cares and worries about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment