Monday, August 1, 2011

Strong Enough

This weekend we met up with some of our friends and it was so great. We talked about a lot of things that are going on in our lives. One thing that the wife of our friend brought up was my progesterone shots. She asked how I felt about the shots and how it affects me and the DH.

I thought about this more and more as the night went on. Also as I write this entry, it makes me think..... How far the medical field has come and how this drug is supposed to help women not miscarry. It amazes me that it took us 7.5 months to conceive and with two shots every week, we are able to keep this baby... This baby that is growing inside of me.. She is kicking me oh so lightly right now.

I dislike/hate the shots but I know this is the only way I can keep her healthy and growing. The shots hurt. There's the truth. Some days are wonderful and I cannot feel the solution going into my butt. There are other days when I can feel the solution burning inside of me and I cry. I mean who wouldn't cry as a needle is placed inside of you sending an oil-based solution in your body. I know it could be worse... Oh I know it could be. And I am thankful that it is just two shots a week. Unfortunately my count is not high enough for us to go down to one shot or even none. And the doctors have not told me or the DH when the shots can stop. We continue to pray... So many people continue to pray for us and the baby. We pray that the counts get higher, that the shots help the baby... Though it is hard to accept all of this... I know God thinks we are strong enough. And that is why I am attaching the link to Matthew West's "Strong Enough". (The link isn't working... But try to find it on YouTube.)This song reminds me that I am strong enough with God. Even though there are days that I don't believe this. God shows me that the DH and I are strong enough.

P.S. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I'm going back to the doctor today (not for a 4 week check up or anything) ....The injection site of my shot on July 21st has not healed and could be infected. The injection site swelled up and was very warm. Also a pool of blood surfaced on the top. This has never happened before and the doctor is going to look at it to double check.

No comments:

Post a Comment