Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Birthing Class #2

Birthing class #2 has been an eye opener. Right now, I know the DH and I have talked about who we are going to have in Labor & Delivery.... Just me and him and the doctors of course. Then after everything is done, we are going to go into postpartum room (which I hope is private). I don't care if it costs us more money. Just praying that we can get a private room. When I am finally in the postpartum room, then we can have company hopefully. The second item would be when we would want visitors, if my pregnancy is going to be hours (like 20), maybe I will want to see some of the family. But when you add emotions and what not, maybe not. LOL.

Homework for the next week:
- Try 2 relaxation items.
- Create a birthing plan and discuss it with the DH. (Hopefully he will help me create it).

PS Next week's birthing class we are discussing medicine and other items. When I asked the DH if I wanted an epidural or not. He knew the answer. He said I would rather be one that requests it instead of the nurses asking me all the time. He also said he knows that I want to try to do this without an epidural but thinks I will cave. How supportive! I think he is being realistic knowing me and what not.

Please pray for us.. Tomorrow is our first appointment with a doctor and it happens to be the day for my glucose test. Should be fun (maybe?!).

No comments:

Post a Comment