Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My Worst Nightmare

Yesterday I called my doctor because my c-section incision was red and puffy. They said it was normal and that everything was fine.

This morning around 11:30am, I took K up to our room so I could put her down for a quick nap... I went into the bathroom and looked at my pants. My pants were soaked. Let's say I was right about how my incision looked. It was draining an orange bloody liquid.

I called the dr almost in tears. They wanted to see me ASAP. So I couldn't shower, feed K or anything. I had to drive there in the rain without the DH. K was crying and wanting to eat while we were there. So I feed her and the dr checked my incision. He was not happy that my steri strips were never taken off and that it was clearly infected. He cleaned it up and put a panty liner on the area.

So for the next few days/week or so, I have to shower a few times a day, take an antibiotic twice a day and always have a panty liner on the incision. Also at night, I'm not allowed to wear pants(underwear yes) and an old shirt to bed so the incision would get some air....

This is not how I wanted to spend my last few weeks with K. And I have to go back to the dr next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment